Benefits of using hemp
Benefits of hemp insulation
Hemp is completely natural insulation and comes from the hemp plant. It has first class insulating properties and by using it, you’ll contribute to a reduction in CO2 emissions. Hemp fibres are very strong and perform exceptionally well as an environmentally friendly and regenerative insulation material. It is also carbon sequestering meaning that it absorbs carbon from the atmosphere
What are the benefits of using hemp insulation?
- Hemp is protects against moulds and bacteria
- Hemp is 100% recyclable at the end of its life cycle
- Not only excellent heat insulation, hemp also provide sound insulation
- Hemp is microbe and insect resistant
- Hemp insulation has no scent
- Very little energy is used during the production process
- Hemp is a highly sustainable and moisture-regulating material
- Hemp does not contain any harmful substances
Are there any disadvantages?
Not really! However, it is not recommend to use in excessively damp rooms like a basements as the performance can be compromised… although this is easily avoided by using a vapour barrier.