Rinzaffo MGN, waterproof, salt proof and breathable lime base coat
Fully breathable. Made from natural raw materials with no added chemicals or cement. It does not re- quire the use of salt neutralizing (anti-sulphate or anti-nitrate) chemicals.
At 10 mm thickness 1 x 25 kg will cover 1.5m2
Because it can withstand the effects of salts and dampness for a long time without breaking down.
Typical application example of the Rinzaffo MGN lime plaster in Venice: degraded, salty masonry in direct contact with water
Does not create static stress
Because it regulates the evaporation of humidity from those old walls that over the centuries have reached a static equilibrium. The controlled evaporation gradually lowers the moisture level of the walls until a new equilibrium is reached.
Areas of Application
Because the plaster is both waterproof and breathable, it is suitable for specialist applications such as:
• A base coat for re-plastering after rising or penetrating damp
• A render against driving rain
• A lime-based “tanking slurry” to make basements
or cellars waterproof
• A plaster against the damp patches or the crystallization of salts around old fireplaces and chimney stacks, a frequent problem in old buildings
• A waterproof floor base to prevent flooding in pressure water or high water table situations
How to Apply it?